Easy Margherita Pizza

When I have a little more time on my hands, I will be posting more sauce and dough recipes. Use a regular pizza sauce and dough. For the dough, I will many times use the recipe given to me in my bread maker instruction manual. In the meantime here is the list of toppings used...pretty simple! I have upped the amount from what I had used because I felt it could definitely use more.

After the crust is pressed out nice and thin, I like to sprinkle with a bit of olive oil, dried basil and dried oregano for extra flavor. Then coat with preferred pizza sauce. I then choose to pre-bake the crust for about 10 minutes to get it nice and crispy.

For the Pizza Toppings:
1 1/2 C. Blend of Pizza Cheese (Mozzarella, Asiago and Provolone) Can also add Parmesan if desired.
1 Roma Tomato, Cut into thin slices
8 Slices of Fresh Mozzarella
8 Fresh Whole Basil Leaves
2 Garlic Cloves, Sliced

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place mixture of shredded pizza cheese to completely cover pizza sauce. Arrange all ingredients evenly over pizza cheese. Place in oven for about 15 minutes, or until cheese begins to turn golden brown.








Popular Posts